Tuesday 18 June 2019 – Vathi (Meganisi) again

Up early.  No sign of any thunderstorms.   I want to book an engineer in Lefkas as soon as possible.  Problem is there is no telephone coverage here. I walk up to the office to see if the signal is better there, but it isn’t.  In the end the office let me use their land line and I am able to book an electrician to see to the solar panels on Thursday.  At the same time I sent an email to the marina to reserve a berth and that gets a positive response.

The weather is very hot again.  As we are about fairly early we walk around the harbour before the heat gets too bad. There are free berths to be had on the other side.  We find Polyanna there! 

After an iced coffee and download of the paper we make it to a little “beach”, well place where you can get into the water.  So we have a swim.  The water is now so warm that it isn’t as refreshing as we had hoped.   Lunch in the café here and then back to the boat to flake out in the height of the day.   When we get back the solar panels appear to be working.  The light is not blinking and the charge is higher.  It doesn’t last long however.  This makes us sure that there is some sort of loose connection somewhere.

While relaxing on the boat trying to keep cool, I have a minor disaster.  I am sitting in the cockpit in my bathing suit with bare feet.  I turn around while reading my book and OUCH!  I have stepped on a wasp and badly stung one of my toes.  It is horrible.  So I am hobbling around all evening.  That didn’t stop us going for an ice cream and then dinner, but it still hurts.

Off to Lefkas tomorrow. The temperature is supposed to go down to 28C.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday 24 May 2019 – Gouvia

Saturday 25 May 2019 – Petriti, Corfu

Tuesday 17 September 2019 – Igoumenitsa Creek (otherwise known as Ormos Valtou)