Monday 24 June 2019 – Gouvia

When we got up this morning the weather seemed fine despite the forecast of thunder storms for all day. We saw no one leaving the harbour. But the main problem was that I was feeling out of sorts.  I had developed a terrible pain in my back.  I first thought it was a pulled muscle, but it suddenly occurred to me it might be a kidney problem.  So I decided that I would really like to get to Gouvia.  On that basis we went off at about 9:30 to go to Gouvia.  There was no wind so it was another long motor trip.

Because I felt bad I decided to cure myself by drinking tons of water and wash out my kidneys.  And thankfully it seems to be working. 

We got to Gouvia at about 2pm.  We started off at the fuel pontoon.  Would you believe that as we entered the marina the wind got up to a force 4 having been 1 or 2 all morning!  Are we jinxed?  We tried to get someone from the marina to help us moor, but all they kept saying was someone would come when they were available.  So we made our own way to our usual mooring place only to find another boat there.  There also seemed little room for us in the next space and we had no idea which was our pick up line.  Eventually someone came to help and put us in the space next to our assigned place.  It is not good.  Again the forward mooring line does not seem to hold us straight and we are at an awkward angle.  Also, the space has a utility pier right behind the boat interfering with our passarelle, which we have had to set at a terrible angle from the boat. We have complained to the office and they promise to come and try to sort it out tomorrow morning when the wind goes down.

We spent most of the afternoon in one of the cafes where it was shady and breezy.  Back to the boat where it was terribly hot.  Then off to the showers where I luxuriated in standing under cool running water for ages.  Dinner in the posh restaurant here in the marina.  Lots of domestic chores to do tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday 24 May 2019 – Gouvia

Saturday 25 May 2019 – Petriti, Corfu

Tuesday 17 September 2019 – Igoumenitsa Creek (otherwise known as Ormos Valtou)