Friday 21 June 2019 – Two Rock Bay

The idea for the next few days was to go to wild places where we would not go ashore and would rely on our water supply and solar panels.   So having sorted out the solar panels and re-provisioned we were expecting to leave the marina to catch the 10am bridge opening. We got up early and had breakfast.  I then went to the toilets only to discover that the water supply to the whole marina had failed!  This could have put our plans right up the creek.  Knowing we could fill up before we went, we have been profligate with our water and we are nearly empty. So it was wait and see.  In the meantime I went into town to buy meat, fresh fruit and veg and bread.  When I got back the water was still off.  Then I realised I had forgotten to buy green peppers, so I sent R back in to town to get them.  While he was away the water supply was restored and I started to fill the water tank.

In the end we were only delayed for an hour and we made the 11am bridge opening. The trip to this anchorage was long, over 20 miles.  At first there was little wind and it was on the nose.  But after an hour or so, the wind went around a bit so Richard put the sails up.  At first we just motor sailed but then the wind went around a bit more and got up to 10-12 knots, so we managed to sail for about 2 hours, which was very pleasant.  However it was not to last.  The wind died, and what there was, was again on the nose so we had to motor for the last hour.

We came to this anchorage last year and really liked it.  There is a large bay with nothing here except a beach and a beach café, open only during the day.  But today it is busier than we had it before.  There are 8  boats anchored here for the night.  We also had trouble setting the anchor.  I don’t have good markers to tell me how much scope I am putting out. So on first attempt I put out too much chain and the anchor didn’t dig in.  We were going to reset it, but as I started to pull in some chain there was a huge tug and it was well set.

We had a couple of swims, and then dinner aboard.  It’s a bit rocky but that is forecst to go down.  I am now in the cockpit being bitten to bits my mossies!  I am going to beat a quick retreat below.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday 24 May 2019 – Gouvia

Saturday 25 May 2019 – Petriti, Corfu

Tuesday 17 September 2019 – Igoumenitsa Creek (otherwise known as Ormos Valtou)